Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday

My son was going to have a choir performance early this morning at a Community Breakfast at the middle school. Fortunately for my sleep-deprived self, it was canceled due to potential bad weather, so I was able to sleep in. Yay. (I've been up till 1am the last 3 nights in a row thanks to homework.) I got up just in time to remember about the kids' church activity at 10 and actually shower before going. :~) Got home ~10, ate and took a nice long nap. It was such a pretty day to day that I hated to spend the best part of it sleeping...ok, I would've hated it if I hadn't been so tired. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

After my nap, I was getting ready to go walking when my husband remembered we had plans this evening--going to friends' for dinner. I wrangled an extra 1/2 hour before needing to leave and went walking. It was nice outside, I didn't need a jacket, just long sleeves (finally got to wear the armwarmers I got for Christmas while exercising). It was around 40 degress today! and sunny (or partly sunny by the time I got outside, but still nice)!

I walked around the block five times (1.95mi) in about 34min. A little slow, but it's been a while and, well, I already mentioned the sleep thing. Come to think of it, I don't remember eating lunch... ...oh, yeah, I had a bowl of cereal. There's fuel for ya. :~)

My husband bought me some Milano cookies while he was out grocery shopping and sneaked them into my school backpack. My daughter told me there was a surprise and dragged that 30 lb backpack up the stairs to show me. She's 5 and weighs about 35lbs! I was impressed. So of course I shared a cookie with her.

This was only my second workout this week (Monday I did a Lean and Fit + kettlebell workout). Lab report, homework, lab, etc. Just didn't make it to the gym. I'm aiming for Crossfit on Monday, but it is dependent on finishing my chem take-home midterm by then, and sleep. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment