Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kettlebell found!

Wow--that huge white screen is hurting my eyes...1/2 size, darker background, much better.  Crap, I just realized today was supposed to have been my 3rd run this week. It wasn't even my 2nd. I didn't even workout today. Thursday, I was going to run, but DH had to take the truck to the shop, DD was not feeling well, so I started looking for my kettlebell again but still couldn't find it. Finally DH got home and said "I told you, it's by the x-box stuff."  Well, I'd looked in the cabinet where the x-box stuff was, and it wasn't there. So he walked over to the corner of the living room, moved the Rock Band stuff out of the way and pulled out my KB. "See, with the x-box stuff."  I told him where I'd looked and added, "not by the Rock Band stuff!"  OK, so it's Rock Band for x-box, whatever. ;-)
So to meet my goal, I have to run 5 times next week. I was going to at least walk to work on Friday, b/c my knee had suddenly started hurting Thursday, but I was running so late I rode my bike instead. Fortunately my knee was feeling better.

My lower back was sore Friday from my KB workout:
10 sets 15sec work, 20sec rest; amounted to 9-10 swings/set ea hand, 5 sets per hand.
10 sets of 5 cleans per hand, 15sec work ea, 3-5sec rest.
5 snatches ea.
Leg swings (15 ea, forward-back & side to side), 15 squats, 15 jumps, a la Active Warm-up.
Didn't feel hard doing it, but was shaky afterward.

I still haven't rescheduled my fit test; I'm not feeling the urgency anymore; watch it come back to bite me in the butt. I took a look at my hrm watch the other day; it's still sitting on my bathroom counter where it's been for months and months. I saw a strap a couple of weeks ago or so, but I don't remember if it was Timex or Polar. MapMyRun now supports Timex files, but I'd still like to get a new hrm of a different brand. I still like Polar but am starting to be more open-minded about Garmin too, now that they're starting to get smaller. I have small wrists! I like how the Polar watches calculate calories, whereas the Timex don't. You have to upload your workout data, and then the calories get calculated, so you don't see them until then.

I've also been tracking my food--mostly at work--in MyFitnessPal and have improved my calorie and nutritional intake. There's still a lot of room for improvement nutrition-wise, but I have seriously cut back on soda (2 last week vs 1/day) and junk snacking at work. My weight is on a gentle, downward trend--10lbs is all I'm looking to lose. It's also more motivation to exercise b/c MFP adds those calories back in to your 'allowance.'

No comments:

Post a Comment