Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Getting back into running

Well I think I ran twice the last half of September. I had made a challenge to run 6 times. I had a class last week which threw me off my plans. I did get in a"long" bike ride of 5+ miles one day at lunch time. I ride along the bike path & was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of vegetation had grown along it this summer. I was NOT, however, pleased to see HUGE goat head sticker plants encroaching on the path! There were many at least 4 feet in diameter. With a dozen stems radiating out from the center root, a plant that size could take out both bicycle tires, they produce so many stickers.

I've run twice this week, & my shins are achy, so it's probably just as well I didn't run 6 times over the last 2 weeks. I should make 1 day a week a walk to work day instead of riding my bike every day...restrengthen my muscles. This evening I did my Indian School road hike & ran a little. Aside from my shins, my legs felt good running; it was my heart & lungs working hard. I also need to find my hrm strap & start heart rate training. I hit over 200bpm trying to run up that incline. It's actually harder & possibly slower coming down b/c of the steep grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment