Sunday, March 1, 2009

Catching up--again

Ok, I'll just summarize, last week was so busy it's all blurred in my head anyway. Last saturday (14th) I ended up not going to the gym after all because my stomach was hurting, and everyone else in the family had had that sort of thing with other unpleasant symptoms. So I stayed home. Plus sporadic stomach cramps don't lend themselves to exercise vey well.

Monday and Wednesday I did pretty hard workouts, though you wouldn't necessarily know it just by looking at the numbers. A teething baby did some serious damage to my sleep early on in the week. Strong workouts, sleep-deprived and possibly not quite well body...

On Monday I did a mile and a half in about 20 minutes, pretty long I know. The first 1/2 mile was in ~7:50, the 2nd 1/2 mile was in ~6:10 for a 14min mile. The last 1/2 mile was in ~5:45.

Wednesday I tried to do some speedwork and lengthening out my stride. I was still pretty tired and was rather shaky at the end of the workout.

Friday I had a fitness test. Fortunately I had pretty much caught back up on my sleep. I ran 1.5 miles in 16:35!! Woohoo! I started off a bit too fast but was able to reign that in to my planned pace; that let me sprint at the end, and the extra speed at the beginning set me ahead of my planned time of 17 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment