Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crossfit & a compliment

So I FINALLY made it back to Crossfit yesterday. It was a quick but particularly demanding workout. Warm up was 2x10 push-ups, sit-ups, and squats. The workout of the day was 3 circuits: 400m run, or in my case row, 21 2-handed overhead kettlebell swings (35lb in my case), and 12 kipping pull-ups. After I finished the first set of pull-ups, the instructor asked me "Where'd you learn to kip like that? ... That's AWESOME!"

I'm really sore today and looking forward to being even more sore tomorrow! 8-| ok, not really, but it did feel pretty good to have done such a strenuous workout (after I caught my breath and ate something) after 3 weeks of walking and elliptical.

1 comment:

  1. Rose! You look so muscular in that pull-up video ... and so manly!

    OK, seriously, I'd never heard of kipping before. Well, when my daughter was four and she learned to skip she'd say "Look Daddy! I'm 'kipping!".

    I'm off to High Point, NC for the NC Marathon on Saturday. I'll be with my friend whose just down the road from you, in Cincinnati. No backing out this time!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete