Saturday, August 27, 2011

C25K W3D1 Making progress

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do the 1/2 mile runs b/c I hadn't run more than 4 min at a time yet, but I did it! The first one wasn't bad either, though the second one was hard. I pretended Hardin Field was a 1/2 mile square loop and ran for distance this time instead of running for time. I ran a mile! --in two halves, but still. Running for time instead of distance I couldn't keep track of how far my running parts were.

I walked 1 lap (.55mi) for warm-up and again afterward, but I'm logging those separately from this on mapmyrun b/c I wanted to see my min/mile on the workout: 12.73 min/mile! Better than I expected. I still need to get faster. I also want to start running in the mornings instead of evenings. I'm just afraid that I'll end up getting caught up with the kids as they get ready for school and that I'll over-sleep even more than I already do. But I'm going to be fit testing in the morning, and it's cooler (it was still 88deg by 9pm tonight!) then too, so it would be nice to get used to running early(er).

No comments:

Post a Comment