Friday, November 2, 2012

Faster & new app

I finally did my second run of the week tonight. It felt good, & I felt faster. I used a new app this time: Google's My Tracks. It has a map screen, a time & elevation screen, & a stats screen. One thing I didn't like was that the map screen--in addition to the map--only showed time elapsed, unlike Map My Run's which also shows pace. On the My Tacks stats page, it shows speed in mph while I prefer min/mile. It also seriously cut off a few corners; I haven't seen anything like that since I got my new phone. One cool feature is being able to replay the route run; I think I saw a comment that it also records music played during the run & plays as party of the playback.

The run went well & felt good. There was still a lot of walking, but I also did a few (3) sprints. I would have done more, but I felt like if I did I'd re-experience the red chile chicken burrito I'd had for dinner 3.5 hrs before.

Tomorrow I get to find out how easy (or hard) it is to transfer the My Tracks file to Map My Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment