Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So far so good

Monday I swam (yes, just me) 4x150 yds. I took it easy, focused on form and breathing on both sides (3-stroke breathing pattern), and made it easily the whole way. I rested about 1 minute between each set, and I think each set took about 5 minutes, 5 1/2 or so. I did 100yds in pulls, 50 in kicks and 1 sprint at the end. 3/4 of the way back on that last one and I just rolled over and gently glided -- I was winded!

Tuesday I ran a 5K. I believe my time was 34:55...abt 11.5 minutes per mile. A good steady pace. Would've been a bit better if I'd been better rested. :P While I was running I figured I got maybe 6 1/2 hours of sleep for the 8 1/2 hours I was in bed, what with the kids waking up 2 or 3 times. One's teething, one was coughing. [Actually it was only 2.8miles; so my pace was slower. :( ]

Today I washed dishes. OK, so that's not exercise. It was a rest day; so I have to work out tomorrow. I don't know when I'll do it; it's a very busy day tomorrow! Oh and my legs don't hurt today!! I walked from work to the race start, and back again afterward. Nearly a mile. Is that what made the difference? It didn't work so well after the last 1.5mile timed run. I don't know, but I'm enjoying it! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment