Thursday, November 26, 2009

1st post-stress fracture "run"

Monday the doctor cleared me to start running ("but take it easy"), but I had class and studying for a test on Tuesday, so I didn't get a chance to run. The irony is that I did start having some shin pain again--after none for 2 weeks--as I stressed about the test and dealing with the kids that night. !

Tuesday after my test and taking care of stuff at school, I came home and helped my husband finish cleaning house for my parents' visit. They showed up around 5, so again I didn't get to go running.

Finally on Wednesday, after class I made it to the gym. Yay! I got on a treadmill and did a 10min walking warm-up, followed by 1 min jog, 2 min walk for about 20 minutes. The running felt good. :-) There was a little twinge in my shin about 1/2way through the workout, so I added another minute to the walking for 2 turns. The trick will be to put my stress somewhere other than my shin.

MapMyRun.com - Cardio - Treadmill: 1st post-stress fracture "run" on 11/25/2009

1 comment:

  1. yeah I totally get that thing about starting out slow after a stress fracture. It is tough, but good to be running again. I am finally up to 25 minutes of solid running...so far so good. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete