Monday, April 19, 2010

Recommited

I had a follow-up appt with the phys therapist last week and had to confess to not following the W2R program he gave me, not following as in not doing. He gave me another copy of it and pleaded with me to finish it this time. I said I would. When I looked at it again, I realized I was farther ahead than I'd thought, because I'd skipped the first couple of workouts (walk 1 min, run 1 min). My husband started Family Fit Time where we all go for a walk in the evening, so for a couple of the workouts I slow/fast walked instead of "walking" and "running" on the elliptical.

Today I had a follow-up with the orthopaedist and more x-rays. Yay, the bone's mending as it should, but I still have another month of not running. And still using the bone stimulator. Around the time I wrap up the W2R elliptical program I can start over on it only actually walking and running.  Slow, slow, slow. So today I went to the gym and did 8:1 min fast (~6mph) to slow (~3.5mph) for 27 minutes, abt 2.7 miles according to the machine.

Friday I had a fitness test. For the cardio part I did a 3-mi walk and did it in 43:27min! WooHoo! Twice, at the same part of the track, the wind blew grit into my eye; not cool!

OK, so now I need to work on going to sleep at a more reasonable hour than 11:30. I need my 8 hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment