Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Skipped a step

Monday I was feeling pretty good, so I skipped a "step" in my program. Last time I ran a 10 min stretch; the next step was 12. Instead, I went right for 15. It had a 10 minute walk first, so I didn't do any extra warm-up either, just started off slow. So it was walk 10, run 15, walk 5, run 5, walk 5. During the 15 min run I did a little over a mile--about a 13 min/mile pace. Afterward I stretched out as much as I could. I could feel a particularly sore spot on my left shin.

Today (Tues) there's some tightness and soreness, but it's not too bad. I'm just not sure how I feel about moving to the next step tomorrow: walk 6, run 18, walk 6! If I get to the gym early enough, I can find an elliptical to warm up on. (That's another reason I didn't do extra warm-up on Mon...all the ellipticals were full.)

No comments:

Post a Comment