Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rough draft

Friday 7 of us got together and played wallyball. I was so tired I was lightheaded. About the only thing I could do decently was serve. And I was on the 3-person team.

Saturday M and I did a half-distance practice triathlon. 1/2 the distances we'll be doing in two weeks: we weren't sure if the pool was 25yds or 25m (it looks short), so we did 5 laps (out and back) for at least 250 yds. Then we biked 6 miles and 'ran' 1 mi. That was my first swim since mid-May! I felt it right away. I was beat by the time we were done! Afterward we went to Chik-fil-A; I'd definitely earned a chocolate milkshake! Fortunately they've added a smaller size to the menu (those large ones are huge!); I got that with chicken and waffle fries. Yum!

Monday I went swimming again and did 9 laps in that same pool. At least the water was decently warm. I took my kids to a nearby pool after work today. COLD! Plus it was only ~75deg outside. We only swam for 1/2 an hour, and my daughter still has a blue tinge to her lips. OK, well, not anymore, but it took her a while to warm up.

I was supposed to run today, but my work schedule got messed up the last couple of days, and the baby woke up more last night than he had been, so I'm pretty tired. I'm pretty sure I need to improve my diet too. Last night I finally managed to do some yoga and stretching...ahh.

Less than 2 weeks till the triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment