Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crossfit: Squats (w/weight) and a circuit workout on 01/28/2010

We were supposed to find out max then do 7 sets of 1 rep each. 2 other girls and I had to practice our squats before starting with the weights. The ladies we joined were doing 7 reps at each weight--starting w/a 35lb bar and going up by 5lbs at a time. Fortunately we joined in early and slowed that down . ;~) I would say I did an average of 3-4 squats each time (more early on, fewer at the end). I maxed at 70 lbs!

After about 30 minutes of squats, the trainer suddenly announced more workout! 2 laps around the gym (2 basketball courts), 10 jump (or step)-ups, 10 push-ups, 10 wall balls (squat, throw 8lb ball up as high as you can, catch it going back down into a full squat) x 3. I did step ups and knee push-ups and finished in 11:04! Woo-hoo! My first two times were around 18 minutes. I liked Thur's group. The guys were really cheering us on as we finished ('cause of course they finished first. Most of them were finishing their first set of laps as I was going into my 2nd lap). My legs are pretty sore today (2nd day after) but I can manage stairs fairly easily.

My still somewhat tentative workout plan is Crossfit M&Th, rest Tu & probably Fri, run Wed &, I guess, Sat. Hmm. Needs work, but it's a start. And Cross fit is good b/c I'm not very good at coming up with my own workouts, pushing hard like that on my own, I don't really like going to the gym by myself, etc. I'd also like to throw swimming in there, but there are only so many days in a week! Mentally, I could really use a good workout every day. Today I spent about 4 hours on one homework problem. Once I finally got it straight (I was doing it the wrong way and not exactly doing the right problem either), it took maybe 45 minutes. ! 8-|  Oh, and yoga! I was just reminded by reading Shut Up and Run's latest post. But yoga at regular room temperatures is fine with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment