Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wow, it's been a while since my last post! I have been working out. I've been doing the Lean and Sore, I mean Lean and Fit, in 7 Minutes workout from Womenshealthmag.com. It takes me 10-12 min to go through it once, then I do some kettlebell exercises, push-ups and sit-ups, and stretch for a total of 30-45 minutes depending on how many reps of stuff I did. I did this every 3 days (did I mention the sore part?) for just over a week. Then, the last time I was really tired. I'd slept a lot, so I couldn't figure it out; I felt physically drained.  That night (Monday the 28th) my daughter, my husband and I all came down with the stomach "flu." No wonder I was tired! I was getting sick!

We spent the 1st half of the night running to the bathroom, and the 2nd half trying to sleep. My daughter kept groaning about her stomach hurting (I don't remember having stomach cramps last time I had this), so I couldn't sleep as much. I kept diving for the bowl in case she threw up. My husband actually managed not to throw up. He took some Nexium which quelled the nausea that night, but the next day he had to add a lot of willpower to keep his food down. The baby was sick last Sunday but not nearly as bad, thank Goodness. And my oldest seems to have skipped it altogether. (So far so good, anyway.)  The sad thing is, the day after we let our daughter go out and play, her friend got sick. :(  Hopefully everybody's done in time for school to start this coming Monday.  My exercise for today was cleaning up the living room.

Oh and Wednesday I got (as in borrowed from the ortho clinic) an "ultrasound bone healing system" due to the shin pain coming back during finals. 20min/day for at least 4 weeks I get to stimulate that area of my leg to heal. It's pretty cool. It's small, and I just strap it to my leg, push a button and read, study or whatever for 20min.

No comments:

Post a Comment