Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Running & Elliptical...& I can't find my Icy Hot

I worked out at the gym today. I wanted to try some running but on something softer than asphalt, so I used the track at the gym. 9 laps = 1 mile.

I started with a 3-lap warm-up (5 min); then I ran 1 mile (12:44!) (hrMax190). My shins ached somewhat most of the time, and my right knee bothered me a little, but the rest of it felt good. I got 2 laps into a cool down (~3min) when I saw an open Precor elliptical--yay--and hopped on for 21 more minutes (HRavg ~164). The sweat was just dripping down my face! (That's a fairly recent phenomenon; is it age related? Of course, when I lived in New Mexico the air was so dry that sweat evaporated right away. Once I'd get back into the house, I'd suddenly get all sweaty.)

I did some stretching, esp calves and shins then did 25 situps, 10 pushups, 10 mod pushups, bridge 30 sec. That was pretty much my max for those today; I'm rather sore from Monday and all the coughing I've been doing lately (the residual effects of all that previously mentioned congestion).

Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy.
It sure would be nice to find that other HR strap. Maybe it's hiding in the garage with my other sports bra that I haven't been able to find since we moved. We really need to clean out the garage; I just get overwhelmed looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment